Hello all registered riders in our 10th Anniversary Boomer’s Legacy British Columbia Bike Ride,
We hope you’re putting in some time in the saddle, since we’re now only 3 weeks away from our event. We’ve been getting a lot of questions via our website and e-mail, so we thought we’d give you some of the information you will receive soon via e-mail:
- For those requesting transportation from Victoria to Comox on Friday 9 June; it is provided and consists of a 30-person Bus, and a 5 Ton Truck for the bikes and gear. The transportation should arrive at Vanalman Armory at 1230, and depart with all persons and gear onboard at 1300.
- For those requesting accommodation in Comox; it is provided at a cost of $10, which Capt. Helen Nielsen will collect upon arrival in Comox. She will also provide more details about the accommodations at that point.
- There will be a Ride Registration and Debriefing held at the Comox Legion (1825 Comox Ave) on Friday 9 June at 18:00. A burger, beer and salad is available for $10. Transportation for those who requested accommodation will be provided to and from the Legion.
- The next morning we will all meet at 07:00 at the CFB Comox Community and Fitness Centre (1575 Military Row). Please do not park in the Canex parking lot. Be on your bike and ready to leave by 07:30
As for meals on the ride:
- Sat Lunch – Thrifty Foods in Parksville, cut up meat and veggie wraps, veggies, fruit, cookies.
- Sat Dinner – spaghetti dinner at the Nanaimo Legion (they had gluten free and vegetarian spaghetti too).
- Sun Bfast – Bagels/cream cheese, fruit, coffee, snack bars.
- Sun Lunch – Similar to Sat Lunch.
- Sun Dinner – Lots of good meats and all the fixings; potatoes, salad, dessert, etc.
- Along the way there are snack stops with food, water and Gatorade.
- At the Bowser Legion they make us lots of home baked cookies.
We are currently finalising the information required to complete the Rider Instruction Document you will receive via e-mail asap. This document will include all the details about the ride, the route, and what is expected of you as a participant. Please keep an eye out for it in your inbox.
See you on the road. Soon.
PS: We currently have 12 open spots left for our ride, tell all your friends.Pieter Vorster